When it comes to choosing products for my skin or hair, I am very selective and particular. I make sure they must be safe to use and most importantly it must be cruelty-free. That’s what most of our silversisters think. As more and more women are coming forward to embrace their natural silvers, beauty industry is coming up with more and more gray hair care products.
Are silversisters getting smarter? Yes! We keep on trying products that come into the market and then share our feedback as to what works best for natural grey.
In this post I have tried to create a list of most popular and trust worthy products that have been widely used and recommended by our own silversisters.
Have a look…
“This page contains affiliate links. If you click one of the product links, I’ll receive a commission. No additional charges for you!”
Table of Contents
Remove Hair Build-up and Residue:
We like bright and shining silvers. Right? So why let the dirt and other factors dull our shine.
The most popular clarifying shampoo that is the first choice of most of silver sisters is Neutrogena Anti-Residue Clarifying Shampoo. The reasons behind its popularity in our community is that:
- Its non-irritation clarifying formula kicks the dirt and residue out of the hair leaving it non-sticky and refreshing.
- It doesn’t strip out scalp or hair.
- It works pretty well with hard water too, leaving hair softer, bouncier and shiner.
- Works on all types of hair but it’s not CGM approved.
- Though it’s softer on hair, it should not be used more than twice a month as it may dry out hair to a certain extent. It must be followed by a good moisturising hair mask or conditioner.
- It’s a top rated product on most of the websites.
Here is another amazing product that you won’t regret using. It’s pricey but it’s worth its price. Super product for giving incredible shine to natural gray hair. I have read so many reviews about this serum and is highly recommended by our silversisters. Let’s see what all goodies this bottle have:
- Infused with natural silk, this product is super light on hair that means it won’t weigh down your hair. It’s a leave-in silk replenishing and reconstructing treatment to repair, smoothen and protect all hair types.
- Hair feels soft, non greasy and full of life even on the second day after application.
- Mildly scented.
- A little goes along! (Not a pricy deal!)
- Protects hair from thermal damage even on very high temperature.
- CGM friendly.
Best Organic Shampoo
If you are a fan of organic products for your hair, you would just love this shampoo. I have been recommending this shampoo since the beginning of my gray hair journey. I had also suggested this in this post, which has been appreciated by so many silversisters. Here are a few things that I always liked about this shampoo:
- It’s great for sensitive skin and scalp as it has no harmful chemicals (SLS, SLES, PG, PG derivatives, parabens, sulfates, dyes, synthetic fragrance or petrochemical)
- It’s gentle on all kinds of hair: oily, dry, normal.
- It nourishes hair without stripping, drying out or leaving build-up in your hair… That’s what our natural silvers need!
- Appropriate for our silversisters with curls too!
- To know more about this shampoo click here (Amazon link)
Who doesn’t know about Olaplex… Olaplex 3 is an incredible repairing treatment for dull and damaged hair. Repair and restores damage caused in hair due to various reasons varying from chemical, thermal, and mechanical damage to the hair. Highly recommended by silversisters who get their hair bleached for the transition purpose. Silversisters swear by it for its calming effect on their fried, frizzy, and dehydrated hair. The most amazing thing about this product is that it’s an at-home treatment that gives professional looking results. Here is what this tiny bottle offers:
- Balances the disturbed pH of hair, bringing back life in dull, damaged and brittle hair.
- Good for all kind of hair.
- Cruelty free, gluten free, nut free vegan formula without harmful chemicals like Parabens, Phthalates, Phosphate and Sulfates.
Olaplex 4 is also a great deal! Let me know if you tried it and how your experience has been?
Gray hair needs extra nourishment and care to deal with the dryness and frizz that come along while going gray. Leave-In Conditioners serve all the gray hair needs regarding keeping them hydrated and shiny. Aveda Nutriplenish Leave-in Conditioner is what most of the silversisters recommended. Let us see how it can benefit our natural gray hair:
- It’s a lightweight leave-in spray so it doesn’t weigh down hair.
- Dual protection formula for both thermal damage and the drying effects from the sun.
- Fantastic for chemically treated hair.
- Hair protection from thermal styling up to 450° F.
- It’s free from Silicones, Sulfate Cleansers, Parabens, Gluten, Mineral Oil & Petrolatum.
- A cruelty free product vegan product.
Non Purple Shampoo
If you are not a purple shampoo fan, this shampoo is the best alternate. It has been loved for years because of it reduces dullness and brassiness from gray hair without purple stain in hair. A fantastic product widely used and recommended by so many silversisters around the world.
- Reduces yellowing and brassiness from natural gray hair
- It has no synthetic colorants so does not stain. Paraben-free, SLS-free, Silicone-free shampoo.
- A vegan formula that makes hair soft, supple and full of volume and radiant shine.
- A gentle cleansing base suitable for all hair type.
Heat protectants that don’t weigh down hair are my favourite. But this one is much more than that. A quality product can be used before styling gray hair with blow dryers, flat irons and curling wands. I recommended it in my previous post too. Lets see how it is beneficial:
- Its a Color-safe Sulfate-free, Phosphate-free and Paraben-free cruelty free product.
- Can protect hair from heat exposure upto 450°F which is very crucial for the safety of hair.
- Can also be used as a leave-in conditioning serum for smooth, frizz-free hair.
- Boosts shine and hydrates hair.
There are so many thermal protectors lower in quality and price available out there in the market but I would suggest you all to choose the best product as the damage caused by the use of hot tools is irreversible.
Moroccan-Oil-Treatment is a good deal too.
A fantastic list of all gray hair friendly shamppos is already shared on the blog previously. Thanks for your love and also the shares of the post. I am glad that you found it helpful. I keep on updating the post as per recommendation and popularity of the shampoo in silversisters community. Check it out here.
This being the favourite hair brush of our silversisters, no wonder I and my 8 years daughter love this brush. Such an amazing product designed to glide through tangles with ease. My daughter has thin and fine hair and detangling is a task for me and pain for her. The presence of this little detangling weapon in my home makes us happy. I have short hair but I just like to use it as a massager after applying hair oil to my silvers. To be concluded:
- Can be used by anybody; men, women, children, both with short or long hair.
- Works for all types of hair. It also works perfectly with straight, curly, textured, thick and wavy hairs! They also work great on both wet and dry hair.
- Has flexible bristles that minimize pain, split ends and breakage of hair.
And I should not forget to tell you that it is available in various colours and designs to choose from… I have the retro orange! 🙂
And last but not the least is an amazing 100% natural cleansing treatment for hair. Kaolin clay, also known as white clay or china clay. It removes excess oil, dead skin cells and product buildup from the scalp and hair. Can be used on all types of hair. It’s very much loved in curly hair community too.
- Removes dirt from scalp without stripping off natural oils.
- It’s gentle on hair preventing brittleness and breakage.
- Strengthens the roots.
Hope you find this post helpful. Let me know in the comment box if I am missing out on something. Feel free to share your hair discoveries in the comments. Start conversation, maybe you can help somebody out. We are all in this hair journey together. We can do it!
I’m sure you understand that it requires a lot of efforts in collecting data and creating a post which can help. It will be a great help to me if you share this post on social media, if you like it.
We are also available on various social media platforms. Please join the tribe: